Family Home Health Network has partnered with the Department of Veteran Affairs to improve veterans’ access to quality hospice care through a program called We Honor Veterans. As a partner in this outstanding program, we are able to:
- Serve the hospice needs of veterans, including increased access to hospice and palliative care.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with other veteran organizations.
- Educate staff and caregivers about symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and secondary traumatic stress disorder (STSD), as well as the unique challenges of veterans from different war eras.
- Provide a pinning ceremony, which honors the veteran and allows them to talk about their service.
- Assist in applying for the replacement of lost medals.
- Help ensure veterans are receiving all benefits for which they are eligible.
To learn more about veterans care and services, please contact us.